The Serendipity Experience is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of user information very seriously. This privacy statement sets out how The Serendipity Experience complies with both UK and European Union data protection requirements. We have structured our website so that you can visit without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
“The Serendipity Experience” includes the brand Amanda Loving Life and their related events, products and services.
If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch with us using email@example.com.
What we collect
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
The personal data we may collect from you and process is:
- Contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address
- Financial and transaction data, such as credit or debit card number, and bank account information where necessary for processing an order
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other Personal data such as gender
Other data that we may collect from you is:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type
- Transaction data, such as purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase and payment method
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on
website, pages visited and other anonymous traffic data
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, The Serendipity Experience, will collect and use your personal data for:
- To provide our products and services
- To process your order
- To personalise the website for you
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To send you promotional emails and mailings about The Serendipity Experience’s products, services, offers and other things that we think may be relevant to you
- To improve or modify our services
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards
Why does The Serendipity Experience need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with our products and services, we need to collect personal data to produce and distribute online materials, allow access to our events, to promote our services and to maintain our accounts and records. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, The Serendipity Experience would contact you for additional consent.
How we store your personal information
The personal information we collect is stored in a variety of paper and electronic forms. Regardless, we have appropriate and adequate technical and administrative processes in place to make sure that all your information is kept secure.
Will The Serendipity Experience share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to The Serendipity Experience in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with The Serendipity Experience’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will The Serendipity Experience use the personal data it collects about me?
The Serendipity Experience will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. The Serendipity Experience is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will The Serendipity Experience contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
The Serendipity Experience at your request can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If The Serendipity Experience does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of The Serendipity Experience or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
The Serendipity Experience accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving license, birth certificate or utility bill (from last 3 months)